Perfect! You’ve got your Domain Name and Your Hosting Account set up. Now you’re ready to install WordPress to power your website or blog.
Step Three : Install WordPress to Power Your Website or Blog
WordPress can be installed onto your hosting server via your control panel with a quick installation tool to help make the process much easier and quicker for you.
To enable you to install WordPress you will need your:
- Domain Name and Hosting Package Purchased and Set Up
- Your Control Panel Login Details – see – Email from Website Hosting Company
- Then follow the steps shown in the appropriate video below.
How To Install WordPress Easily – With Softaculous
If you are installing WordPress on a different hosting server to that shown in Step Two, you may find this alternative installation tutorial helpful.
How To Install WordPress Easily – Using Fantastico
During installation of WordPress, do use a more secure admin username and password and remember to email yourself a copy of your WordPress Username and Password.
Top Tip : If your control panel uses a different WordPress quick installation tool, it may be similar to the ones shown in the above videos, just apply the same basic steps.
Top Tip : Alternatively, if you are comfortable doing so, follow the 5-Minute WordPress Install instructions.
In the next step, you’ll learn how to customise your default WordPress template.
Save Time – 3 Quick Start Options
Website Beginner Series and Further Reading
- Where Have All The ‘Best’ Domain Names Gone?
- Give Your Website or Blog A Home to Call its Own
- Install WordPress in a Few Clicks of Your Mouse
- Customise Your Default WordPress Web Design Layout
- Present a Better Picture – Change Your WP Theme
- What’s a WordPress Framework and How Do Child Themes Work? (pdf)
- Beginner Video Tutorials – Learn WordPress Fast!