You’ve successfully installed WordPress and your default web design will look similar to this:-
Step Four : Customise Your Default WordPress Web Design
- From your WordPress Dashboard area, scroll down to the Appearance Menu Tab, open that.
- Underneath, click on Themes menu tab, and you’ll arrive at this page, shown below.
You’ll see the default theme is listed as your ‘Current Theme’.
Begin Customising Your Web Design Layout
- Click on Widgets to arrange your widget areas as you want them.
Return to Appearance Menu
When you are ready to customise your WordPress Web Design Theme further, simply return to the Appearance Menu to customise your :
- Theme Options
… to your liking.
Top Tip : You’ll also see the menu for ‘Editor’ – Before you get carried away with the excitement of customising your blog or website theme, make sure you have a backup copy of your files.
Top Tip : You can ‘play’ with those files when you have become much more familiar with how everything works – but not before!!
In the next step, you’ll learn how to change the default WordPress theme.
Website Beginner Series and Further Reading
- Where Have All The ‘Best’ Domain Names Gone?
- Give Your Website or Blog A Home to Call its Own
- Install WordPress in a Few Clicks of Your Mouse
- Customise Your Default WordPress Web Design Layout
- Present a Better Picture – Change Your WP Theme
- What’s a WordPress Framework and How Do Child Themes Work? (pdf)
- Beginner Video Tutorials – Learn WordPress Fast!