Want to make your WordPress Website or Blog stand out from the crowd?
Then you’ll be delighted to know that you can achieve a different look and feel, simply by changing your WP theme to present a better picture!
Step Five : How to Change Your Default WordPress Theme
WordPress comes packed with a wide range of free themes and it really is very easy to change the default theme to an alternative free template, right within your dashboard area.
- Go to ‘Appearance’ menu tab
- select ‘themes’ menu
- top right, select ‘install themes’
- click on either featured/newest/recently updated (or look through each)
- search for a theme you like
- click preview to see a visual display (overlay preview window will open)
- click install – to load/activate the theme into your themes choices
Your new theme will need customising, as you did in Step Four. See Appearance, widgets, header, menus and background. Return to step 4 in the series to customise your WordPress website or blog as you wish.
Website Beginner Series and Further Reading
- Where Have All The ‘Best’ Domain Names Gone?
- Give Your Website or Blog A Home to Call its Own
- Install WordPress in a Few Clicks of Your Mouse
- Customise Your Default WordPress Web Design Layout
- Present a Better Picture – Change Your WP Theme
- What’s a WordPress Framework and How Do Child Themes Work? (pdf)
- Beginner Video Tutorials – Learn WordPress Fast!