There are many more, but I’m listing 5 common spelling mistakes that you’ll want to avoid this year, and with a little concentrated effort you’ll improve how your readers view the quality of your writing!
Do you make these mistakes? :
- .. far too many are stopped dead in their tracks (dear in the headlights) with the mere mention of….etc etc
- Irresistable special offers in your advertising can make… etc etc
- ..he didn’t want to loose the element of surprise… etc etc
- Your never going to believe this… etc etc
- He runs his coaching practise from his high street office … etc etc
I do think that most readers forgive us our less than perfect grammar these days, thankfully, but that they do find common spelling mistakes disruptive to their reading flow.
Spell checking your articles can help, as can reading through your articles out loud to yourself, before you commit to pushing that publish button.
If you’re unsure of the correct spelling, or usage, of a particular word, simply check it out via an online dictionary and thesaurus.
A ‘real life’ print dictionary is good too!
Bless : My Mum adds an ‘e’ on the end of everything … just in case it’s a word that ‘should’ have one! 😉
Do you have any spelling mistake peeves you’d like to share? Tell us below.